Friday, December 6, 2013

Coupons Combine

Coupons are my best "frenemy".  I love a good coupon, don't get me wrong, they can just be frustrating sometimes.  For example you might leave them at home, or buy something and then see a coupon for it the next day, or my personal favorite, arrive at the mall only to discover it expired yesterday.  Yes, all of these have happened to me and left me swearing I'd give up on coupons!  But of course I can't actually do that!  I have had more good coupon experiences than bad, and here is a great one!  If you still have your coupon books from last week's paper you might be able to cash in on this one too!

Last week there was a coupon for buy one get one free Febreeze items.  Any time you see BOGO, cut it out!  These types of deals can be rare, and often times are buy one get one "some percent off", which is totally lame.  So whenever you see FREE you should pay attention!

Then in the Target ad there was a coupon for 50¢ off one Febreeze item.

The reason this is awesome is because you are allowed to use one manufacturer's coupon and one store coupon per item!

So I found myself at Target (as I do at least once a week) and picked out two lovely scents:
-Moonlit Lavender (this is one of the ones marketed to spray at night, for sleeping)
-Apple and Spice

When I got to the register I got a great surprise!  Even though both Febreeze were $2.99, the BOGO coupon took off $3.99!  I guess the computer recognizes the highest value allowed and applies it.  Then I got the extra 50¢ off too.  This meant a grand total of $1.49 before tax!  Less than 75¢ for a bottle of Febreeze?!


So all in all, I must love coupons... for now :)

Want to know how to save even more?  I used a gift card I earned using Shopkick to pay!   Learn more about this mobile app here.

More ways to free money:

Swagbucks (I get Amazon gift cards!)
Bing Search (I get more Amazon gift cards!)
Shopkick (I get Target gift cards! This is a mobile app)

No comments:

Post a Comment